Your Heart: Salvation (benefits)
For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. Romans 8:15 (KJV)
Salvation is the state of being saved from a dangerous, harmful situation or occurrence. It is the deliverance from sin and its consequences.
Why do we need salvation?
- We need salvation because it is the will of God for everyone to be saved. 1Timothy 2:3-4 — “This is good and pleases God our Savior, who wants everyone to be saved and to understand the truth.“(NLT)
- When we are saved, we become the children of God. Romans 8:15.
- When we are saved, then we will not have to suffer the consequences for sins committed. We become as without any sin. Romans 8:1 — “So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus” (NLT)
There are much more benefits, but sticking with these three for this post, we can make two conclusions;
- All men need to be saved.
- God is willing to save as many as possible.
So how do we get salvation?
Understand that all have sinned and come short of the glory of God, and whoever claims to be without sin has sinned already by telling a lie. Romans 3:23, 1John 1:8. Human nature is sinful nature and everyone born by a man and a woman is sinful. We need to be saved from this sinful nature!
To be saved we need to take some definite and simple steps.
- Understand that you have a sinful nature and therefore you’re a sinner by nature and deserve the punishment that sinners should get.
- Believe that Jesus Christ has paid for all your sins by dying on the cross, and taking the punishment you deserved for them.
- Believe that God raised Him from the dead.
- Believe that Jesus Christ is now your Lord and Saviour.
Romans 10:9-10 says “If you openly declare that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by openly declaring your faith that you are saved.” (NLT)
Being saved requires you to put your heart right with God, but as you’ve seen from the above, putting your heart right with God means understanding all Christ has done to put you in right standing with God and to be willing to do all He commands.
Let us pray:
Father, we thank You because we know that You love us and it is by Your will that we are saved.
Please, Father, help us to be wholly submitted to Your will and Your commands so that we will be pleasing to You at all times.
Father, please help us to seek You always from our hearts and fill our hearts with an unquenchable desire for You and Your will.
We thank You Father because we know that You hear us whenever we pray.
For in Jesus' name we pray.