“Ask of me, and I will give [thee] the nations for thine inheritance, And the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.” (Psalm 2:8, ASV).
Access means gaining entrance against any hindrances or hurdles. When a man has access, barriers are removed to have freedom.
If you don’t ask for access it can’t be granted (Matthew 7:7)
Access to Nations is only given to those that are willing and ready to pay the price.
No man can access nations except through God. Our father Abraham is a great example of one who was given access to nations (Genesis 12:1-9).
According to our text, God said we have the right to ask for nations as our inheritance (possession). The blood of Jesus gives us access to everything that we ever need from God.
The price paid by Jesus on the cross is not to grant us access to small things but nations and the uttermost part of the earth.
Then how can we be granted access to nations:
- Put off old wineskin: you have to come to the knowledge of Christ that God doesn’t reside in darkness (proverbs 14:34). A man living in darkness cannot be granted access to nations because God is light and light is needed for easy access. A righteous man is the only one who can bring liberation to a city. God’s initial plan towards mankind is to fill the earth and subdue it. So, if you want to gain access to nations, the keys are in the hands of God. Be righteous and seek God.
- Faith in God: (Hebrews 12:2) Looking unto Jesus, the author and the finisher (the beginning and ending) of our faith. A person who lives in fear can’t access nations. Access is given to a person who has faith because it is said that without Faith it is impossible to please God (Hebrews 12:6). God has made us a promise to give us access to nations. However, if we refuse to comply by trusting and obeying we cannot access this inheritance. Even when things look bleak, it is expedient to remain steadfast because only God can finish what he authored.
- Humility: (proverbs 11:2) A humble person is someone free from pride and arrogance. You must understand that having access to nations isn’t about knowing influential people or being domineering. To gain access to nations, you have to be ready to serve. For Jesus, gaining access to redeeming us back to the father meant that he had served us. If you are not humble and ready to serve, God cannot grant access unto you a street talk more of nations.
- Pray for Grace: (2 Corinthians 12:9) Jesus informed Paul my grace is sufficient for you. You can only win the race when his grace is much more available for you (1 Corinthians 5:10).
- Watch and pray: (Matthew 26:41), (James 5:16). Watch ye soldier, be careful of your surroundings, be discerning that ye might not fall. Do not underestimate the place of prayer because men ought to always pray and not faint. Let us also remember our big daddy Elijah, a man like us who prayed fervently and his prayers were answered not because he was God’s favourite but because he was consistently praying.
Many of us are quick to give up, the Bible says it is the effective prayer of a righteous man that produce results. We could have started on a prayer focus effectively and along the line when we aren’t getting what we want we become weary. How many times did Elijah ask his servant to check for rain before it came??
If Elijah had stopped praying for the seventh time would the rain have come? Maybe it could but not anytime soon.
You would have to keep bowing your kneels to pray before access to nations can be granted to you.
In conclusion, Access is granted through, righteousness, faith, humility, grace and prayers.
I pray that the Lord opens your eyes to understand that you may know how to gain access to Nations for Jesus.